On Wednesday, 12 April 2017 at 17:16:33 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
Overall, I support the idea of this DIP.

However, as others have mentioned, it needs to make it clear whether/how `-contracts=assert` here interacts with unittests. According to the discussion, apparently a different druntime function is used for asserts in unittests? If so, this needs to be clearly stated in the DIP.

Agreed.

The simplest behavior I could imagine for this switch is "override everything else". That is, no matter which other switch is used (release, unittests), the -contracts switch has the final say on which tests are enabled and which are suppressed.