On Monday, 1 May 2017 at 19:06:24 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Mon, May 01, 2017 at 06:23:08PM +0000, Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]

I'm not sure about providing a debugger UI inside the compiler itself... it's certainly possible, and could lead to interesting new ways of using a compiler, but I was thinking more along the lines of providing the necessary hooks so that you could attach an external debugger to the CTFE engine.

But if the debugger UI is simple enough, perhaps having it built into the compiler may not be a bad thing. It would also avoid potential trouble caused by some platforms not having debuggers capable of plugging into the compiler in that way. But still, I can see people demanding IDE integration for this eventually... :-O

I intended for the debugging functionality to be exposed via a udp socket listening on localhost.
Such that a debug-ui does not have to deal with ipc difficulties.
I am strictly against building a debugger into dmd.