On 05/09/2017 12:58 PM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

 Use a good headset (E.g. Sennheiser
HD600 or better) and preferably use the same headset the audio engineer
used... Loudspeaker in room -> not the same signal as on the CD.

You seem to know a thing or two about audio hardware (more than me anyway) - Any idea offhand where to find a good set of clip-style headphones? That's something I've been dying to find for years (I don't like "earbuds" - I find sticking thing inside my ears to be terribly uncomfortable, even compared to the occasion pinch of clip-style, and traditional are always just falling off in casual use).

I used to use Koss's clip-style (and loved the one with in-line volume control) since, despite being affordable, they were the only ones I'd ever found that didn't sound horrible (all the Sony ones of remotely comparable price sounded like complete trash no matter what the box claimed about its specs...and the Sonys are downright ugly to boot. Other brands didn't fare any better.)

Unfortunately, after a few years, both my Koss pairs crapped out (ie, no sound period out one or both speakers), and the non-free "warranty" replacements consistently crapped out the same way after about two months max (sounded good until then, though).

At this point, I don't care about cost, would just like to find a reliable good-sounding (ie, at least comparable to Koss's sound quality) clip-style. Any leads? Is there even such a thing has high-end, or even mid-range clip headphones?

              • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d
              • Re:... Patrick Schluter via Digitalmars-d
              • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d
              • Re:... Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d
              • Re:... Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d
              • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d
          • Re: Jonathan... Ethan Watson via Digitalmars-d
            • Re: Jon... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d
            • Re: Jon... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d
              • Re:... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d
              • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d
              • Re:... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d
              • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d
            • Trivial... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
        • Re: Jonathan Blo... bachmeier via Digitalmars-d
  • Re: Jonathan Blow's presentat... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d