On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 at 01:54:20 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:

I've built a prototype UI[1] for some code[0] to solve this exact problem.

It may seem complex, but you can't rely on HTTP download options for easy access to repositories.

I would appreciate anyone taking the time to do the survey[1] (the question mark) which has a couple of tasks to do. It'll give you the basic idea of what I'm thinking UI wise.

[0] https://gist.github.com/rikkimax/4718740223748256d94b3b1474525012
[1] http://cattermole.co.nz/comp626/

Same for me;) I build a little console application (100 lines of coding) which I call instead of dub. It allows me to have following dub.json

{
        "name": "test",
        "dependencies": {
                "sample1": {"url": "http://localhost:8080/zapp-sample1.zip"},
                "sample2": {"path": "C:\\D\\projects\\test\\zapp-sample2.zip"},

The console application downloads/extracts the zip files, makes a backup of the original dub.json, creates a new dub.json with the adapted path attributes, calls dub and after that restoring the original dub.json.

If you want to use dub with git repositories and you can't for one or the other reason use the public github / public dub registry this feature is really nice.

Kind regards
André