On Sunday, 28 May 2017 at 18:38:21 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
On Sunday, 28 May 2017 at 17:34:30 UTC, Nerve wrote:

With regards to your popularity argument: IMHO the only people we should concern ourselves with are those that evaluate which are the right tools for their current task as objectively as feasible given their respective circumstances, not those that are swayed by whatever is the current hype on social site XYZ. But that's just me.

True. Its the current pollution in the software dev community. Baffles me. I'm glad the OP brought this forward.