Leandro Lucarella wrote:
dsimcha, el 20 de noviembre a las 16:24 me escribiste:
Right, but they can still be the target of false pointers.  In this case, false
pointers keep each instance of foo[] alive, leading to severe memory leaks.
But the issue is more of a GC implementation issue then a language
issue, correct?
Yes.

Or is this an issue of all lower level language garbage
collectors?
Kinda sorta.  It's possible, but not easy, to implement fully precise GC (except
for the extreme corner case of unions of reference and non-reference types) in a
close to the metal, statically compiled language.

I don't think so if you want to be able to link to C code, unless I'm
missing something...

The extern (C) stuff and malloc allocated memory isn't garbage collected.