On Sunday, 4 June 2017 at 08:34:23 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
As a result of the ongoing thread, 'C++17 cannot beat D surely' [1], I've slapped together a blog post about it all.

A post about CTFE sort in D by itself would be rather short. So I also wrote about two points of the confusion (one of which was my own) that arose in the thread. I'd like to publish it tomorrow (Monday), so I've put the draft in a gist [2] and I'm looking to get anyone who's willing to read it and let me know here if I've made any errors.

Thanks in advance.

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/post/bhdehyzrlfklfkxic...@forum.dlang.org [2] https://gist.github.com/mdparker/c674888dea1e0ead0c6a8fd28b0333d3

I don't think this is a good response to the original post, diving into a bunch of arcana about initialization and allocation rather than showing how simple D's compile-time sort is. It'd be better to just have a nuts and bolts post showing how the _same_ code can be done much easier in D, including actually showing D's quicksort and maybe mentioning __ctfe, then show how easy it is to do something much more advanced in D, like Teoh said. This post goes off on a couple tangents, maybe it could be a follow-up blog post after one addressing the original C++ post.