On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 at 16:39:07 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 02:03:46AM +0000, jmh530 via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 at 00:46:00 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> > Time to find this: roughly 2 weeks. >
Damn. That's some commitment.

2 weeks is not bad for subtle bugs in complex code like this one. In my day job I've seen bugs that took 2 *months* to figure out. One of them involved a rare race condition that can only be reproduced under very specific circumstances, and it took a long time and a lot of guesswork before a coworker and myself discovered the exact combination that triggered the bug, thereby leading to the subtle problem in a piece of code that looked perfectly innocuous before then.

Wow, 2 Months.
And I always feel slow, when a bug takes more then a week.
Luckily my architecture is designed to be completely deterministic and reproducibly.
So things like race conditions cannot hit me.
... Thank god for that.