On Monday, 26 June 2017 at 16:10:01 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 02:39:30PM +0000, Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Monday, 26 June 2017 at 14:17:26 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> > So here's how I'd do it: > > 1) Add the opposite attributes: `impure`, `throws`, `@gc`, > etc. 2) Add the module version thing that changes defaults > on request 3) imagine more potential going forward > > > It isn't even hard.

And along with that a compiler switch to enable strict mode by default.

If you, or anyone else, is willing to put this in DIP form, I'll gladly do what I can to help minimize the effort required to write it up. This is something I'd love to see.

Yes, please do! If we can push this through, D could be in a much, much better place in a few years' time!

As long as you don't introduce immutable by default, resulting in datastructures being littered with `mutable`.