On 7/8/2017 4:36 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
That's a lot more complex (for the compiler and to explain) than using a simple magic @noreturn attribute. Agreed that this is rarely needed but sometimes nice to have. Far from being important though ;).

We have types that cannot be named (Voldemort types), types that have no type (void), I suppose that types that cannot exist will fill out the edge cases of the menagerie.

I assume there is a standard jargon for this - does anyone know Type Theory?

Are there any other interesting uses for a type that cannot exist?