On Sunday, 9 July 2017 at 22:20:02 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
Eh, that's not really why... this is just a crappy implementation. We can do a lot better with the library and a lot better with the compiler without losing any of the genericness.

But the more powerful the generics are, the harder it is to make good messages, that's what I'm saying. And that compared to the power of our metaprogramming, the messages aren't that bad after all.

But I agree D can, and I believe will, imporove there regardless.