On Monday, 10 July 2017 at 01:21:08 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Ah, I guess it is very similar after all, except it'd be based on top of and coexist with all of D's design by introspection stuff (rather than exist without it as with C++), thus avoiding a lot of the downsides and getting best of both worlds.

You've seen this, right?

https://wiki.dlang.org/User:9rnsr/DIP:_Template_Parameter_Constraint

A small step in one such direction, influenced by C++ concepts. That proto-DIP also raises a question I always had about why D doesn't allow chained template instantiation, but that's another DIP for another time.