On Monday, 10 July 2017 at 18:03:27 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I think it's reasonable to instrument druntime/phobos with line_t, and then libraries may or may not work with 16-bit (I wouldn't be surprised if most don't), but at least they will likely work for files less than 65k lines (quite a few) :)

Right, since for 32- and 64-bit code line_t is an alias for size_t, nothing breaks.

I will review and approve such a request if you make it. You'd likely need buy-in from Andrei.

That's nice. So maybe I should submit for the canonical druntime first and ask for a merge on the LDC side?

BTW, if you want to help bikeshed the name for the 16-bit version identifier name, there's still time... <https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2194#issuecomment-314174622>

D_P16? D_16? Something else?