On 11.07.2017 09:50, Daniel N wrote:
On Monday, 10 July 2017 at 08:53:42 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
As promised, since there has been zero feedback on DIP 1010, "Static foreach", in either the Draft or Preliminary review rounds, I'm going to skip the normal two-week feedback cycle on the Formal review. If there are no major criticisms or objections raised in this thread, then sometime on Thursday of this week I'll send Walter & Andrei an email kicking off the decision process.

So, if you have any thoughts on the DIP, now is the time to express them.

Thanks!

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1010.md

how is __local handled with nested static foreach?

The following code works:

---

static foreach(i;0..4){
    static if(i) __local alias outerPrevious = __previous;
    static foreach(j;0..4){
        static if(i&&j){
            pragma(msg, outerPrevious.i," ",__previous.j);
---

It prints:

---
0 0
0 1
0 2
1 0
1 1
1 2
2 0
2 1
2 2
---

(However, note that DIP 1010 does not propose adding __local to the language.)