Denis Koroskin wrote:
Travis Boucher has shown his interest in contribution, but he currently
has issues with D2 not working on FreeBSD. To quote him:

I have dmd working, and druntime (which was a quick hack to make work, but should work well enough). The problems I am having at the moment is with phobos, mostly because I don't fully understand how phobos interacts with druntime (certain things seem to be duplicated between druntime and phobos).

Once I figure out how all that works (which I'll want to do anyway for ddmd), I should have a working port of D2 for FreeBSD.

You can join the project, too, developing is not hard at all. No special knowledge is required since porting code is pretty much a straightforward process. Everyone who is interested is welcome. Contact me if you need help to get yourself started.

I have pretty much given up on D2 until it is finalized, and development focus changes from specifications to library & compiler implementation and enhancements. I think this will be the best time (for me) to get involved in the process.

Unfortunately for me (and possibly others) I got into D at a really shitty time. The language itself is in a state of flux (at least for D2). So I am changing my own focus on application development with D1, which I am sure will be around for quite a while before D2 gets community acceptance.