On 2017-07-28 16:58, Ali wrote:
While the Orgs using D page is very nice ... I hoping to hear more
personal stories ...

So

How do you use D?
In work, (key projects or smaller side projects)
in your side project, (github, links please)
just to learn something new? (I would easily argue that learning D will
make you a better C++ programmer, maybe not the most efficient way, but
I a sure it i very effective)

I mostly use D at my spare time to write tools and libraries for D, [1][2][3][4] to mention a few.

I've managed to sneak in some D code at work for a tool [5] that helps building slides using Markdown and a build job in GitLab. This is now used for our weekly meeting to build a combined slideshow. Although nothing in production yet.

Did you introduce D to your work place? How? What challenges did you face?

Yes. The first question that comes up is: "who is using D?" and "are there any developers that know D?". The lack of libraries in some areas is not helping.

What is you D setup at work, which compiler, which IDE?

TextMate with the default D bundle [6], can be downloaded directly from within TextMate. DMD, RDMD, DUB and DCD.

[1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep
[2] https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt
[3] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm
[4] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/orange