On Friday, 11 August 2017 at 20:13:04 UTC, Dominikus Dittes Scherkl wrote:
On Friday, 11 August 2017 at 09:27:47 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 at 21:27:32 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
[ ... ]

Hey guys,

I just finished &&.
Hooray!
So what's still missing? Or is this now complete enough to release?

it's almost at the point where I am okay with making a newCTFE-1.0 release. it will correctly coexist with the old engine such that the things it currently cannot do are still taken care of by the old engine.

Things left to do :

- Deal with more void initialization correctly.
- Unions
- Classes
- Exceptions
- some complex types such as int[][3][]
- string-decoding foreach. like: (foreach(dchar utf32; uft8someString)) - associative arrays (though we may change druntime to a ctfe-able version, which would also allow having aa-literals computed at ctfe usable at runtime)

There are a few corner-cases in the supported feature set where it will fallback to the old interpreter but fixing those is a matter of hand-work not head-work (as they _should_ not impact the design):)