On Tuesday, 29 August 2017 at 13:23:50 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

Interesting. It reminds me a bit of cursors for dcollections. In there, a cursor is a 0 or 1 element range. The one element range points at an element, the 0 element range points at a border. You can use cursors to compose ranges.

https://github.com/schveiguy/dcollections

I was thinking this exact same thing when I got to the Element part of it.

The mach library also makes use of cursors.
https://github.com/pineapplemachine/mach.d

I'm not entirely sure how if I grok how the Border thing they are talking about works.