On Sunday, 3 September 2017 at 16:33:04 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
On Sunday, 3 September 2017 at 14:19:19 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
Ranges requires for 25% more space for canonical matrixes then iterators.

We do have to differentiate between a container and the API with which to iterate over its elements. D's dynamic arrays (a pointer+length) require more space then using only a raw pointer, of course. If that's more than an iterator depends on the type of iterator you use. Most common iterator implementations I know consist of a begin and an end pointer, essentially requiring the same space as D's dynamic arrays. In the case you describe, though, we aren't talking about the iteration API, we are talking about what's used internally for storage.

Maybe I should call it cursors or generic pointers instead of iterators.