On Saturday, 7 October 2017 at 21:08:42 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
Who would have thought that probably one of the larger code bases (500k SLOC) to be rewritten/converted in D might come from Pascal, with D competing with ADA? I don't know what has been decided there, but whatever the outcome, that's highly interesting, because it's probably true of others.

Nothing has been decided yet. More work needs to be done in determining where we can push the compatibility boundary. I was looking for ways to maintain binary compatibility with our existing datastructures and file formats, when my attention was needed for another big assignment. Our research into languages has been on hold since then. I hope to make some progress this winter. It is going to take time though, this is a task full of interesting challenges. But I am convinced that if we can find a way to translate to D, it will be an important move for the future of our company.

Bastiaan.