On Tuesday, 10 October 2017 at 13:56:36 UTC, Seb wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 October 2017 at 12:57:36 UTC, bauss wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 October 2017 at 11:48:48 UTC, Eduard Staniloiu wrote:
Hi guys,

I've just build druntime on Windows and we are displaying the following deprecation message:

src\core\sys\windows\odbcinst.d(157): Deprecation: function core.sys.windows.odbcinst.SQLInstallTranslatorW is deprecated.

I believe that we should also state with what should the deprecated function be replaced.

My 2 cents,
Eduard

They usually do, I just assume it was forgotten there and if you know which function is to replace it, then simply create a pr?

Or simply remove it as it has been deprecated since more than two years:

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/blob/8fbcc2d819a84a5340cc6ac724320cae3561cb3b/src/core/sys/windows/odbcinst.d

I'm not sure we should remove it since the replacement is available starting with ODBC 3.x [0].

I've made a PR [1] that states the replacement function in the deprecation message.

[0] - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/odbc/reference/syntax/sqlinstalltranslator-function
[1] - https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1936