On 10/01/2017 06:51 AM, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:
On Sunday, 1 October 2017 at 01:54:24 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
On Saturday, 30 September 2017 at 22:37:31 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Saturday, September 30, 2017 16:57:09 solidstate1991 via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Saturday, 30 September 2017 at 16:22:37 UTC, Jonathan M Davis

wrote:
> [...]

What about DIP45, or making export an attribute? That would help the language to go mainstream.

As I said, any DIPs on the wiki which have not already been accepted are effectively dead, because the wiki is no longer part of the official DIP process (not that there was much of a process before, which was part of the problem). Whether any of the DIPs on the wiki are a good idea or not is irrelevant. Any DIP that's going to be accepted needs to go through the current DIP process:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs

No DIPs are going to magically move from the wiki to github. _Someone_ (be it the original DIP author or someone else) is going to have to take the time and make the effort to do everything that's required as part of the current DIP process, or the DIP will never go anywhere.

- Jonathan M Davis

Hoping that someone will chime in and answer the original question. It's likely that only Walter or Andrei can answer it.

Is it a waste of time for me to put effort into renewing this DIP?  Is it dead on arrival or is there a chance it could be accepted?

If you're talking about DIP45, I think it has a good chance of being accepted, as Walter had positive feedback after Benjamin's talk (https://dconf.org/2016/talks/thaut.html around 38:00 on the video):

Walter (to Benjamin): You and I have argued about that export thing before and I think you've made pretty compelling case for it. You know what you're doing, so move forward with it and get it done.

Yes, we're up for that. We need a strong folow-up here (in the form of a formal proposal) from Benjamin and others interested. -- Andrei