On Sunday, 15 October 2017 at 07:21:55 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
But as a C++ developer, I can tell you that : D's GC is what prevents me to use it for my current C++ programming tasks.

Because I can perfectly live with a GC that progressively collects bits of memory in a predefined amount of time, like in the Nim language, but not one that can pause my application for an unpredictable amount of time.

That's just my personal case and opinion, but I don't think I'm the only C++ programmer on the planet to dislike D's GC for typical C++ development cases, which are generally those where the lack of a GC is the reason that lead to the use of C++.

Out of curiosity, what is it that stops you keeping the heap small and allocating memory manually for the rest?