On Saturday, 28 October 2017 at 15:36:38 UTC, codephantom wrote:
But if you really are missing my point..then let me state it more clearly...

(1) I don't like waiting 4 hours to download gigabytes of crap I don't actually want, but somehow need (if I want to compile 64bit D that is).

Start the download when you go to sleep, when you wake up it will be finished. I did this as a kid when I had internet that was probably even slower than yours right now. It'll be like those 4 hours never even happened.

(2)I like to have choice.

A fast internet might help with (1).

(2) seems out of reach (and that's why I dont' and won't be using D on Windows ;-)

It's probably why you shouldn't be on Windows to begin with..

(being a recreational programmer, I have that luxury..I understand that others do not, but that's no reason for 'some' to dismiss my concerns as irrelevant. They're relavent to me, and that's all that matters ;-)

Talk about being narcissistic ;)