On Friday, 17 November 2017 at 23:31:07 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
The more promising avenue would probably be to distribute LLD This still leaves the system library licensing to deal with, but if I remember correctly, one of the usual suspects (Rainer? Vladimir?) was working on generating them from MinGW headers.

Most of the core.sys.windows package is now based on the win32 package from the bindings project. The license header of the D files used from there claim that they were placed in the public domain, and I believe they were originally translated from the MinGW headers.