Hello l8night,

Too many bugs - no way my superiors allow some program with that bug
list and the open date for version 2. worst is the slow bugfixes.

Check me on this but there may be more know bugs in things like FireFox then in DMD. The length of the bug list in and of its self say almost nothing about a program. (OTOH it makes a handy metric for people who don't know that.)

To answer your original question; look at the change log to get an idea about how fast versions come out. "Within a month or so" would be a good guess for minor versions. If your talking about V3, expect a few years.