On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 at 03:37:26 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:

Its on our TODO list.

Allocators need to come out of experimental and some form of RC before we tackle it again.

In the mean time https://github.com/economicmodeling/containers is pretty good.

That's good to hear.

I keep saying it, if you don't have unit tests built in, you don't care about code quality!

I just like not having to create a throwaway project to test my code. It's nice to just use unit tests for what I used to create console apps for and then it forever ensures my
code works the same!

You don't need to bother with them for most code :)

That seems to be what people here are saying, but that seems so sad...

Doesn't mean the other languages are right either.

That is true, but I'm still unconvinced that making the person's program likely to error is better than initializing a number to 0. Zero is such a fundamental default for so many things. And it would be consistent with the other number types.

If you need a wstring, use a wstring!

Be aware Microsoft is alone in thinking that UTF-16 was awesome. Everybody else standardized on UTF-8 for Unicode.

I do come from that world, so there is a chance I'm just comfortable with it.