On Tuesday, 19 December 2017 at 13:16:13 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 December 2017 at 12:52:59 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 December 2017 at 09:54:05 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
"C, Python, Go, and the Generalized Greenspun Law"

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7804

"Maybe D is right about GC after all!"

No, GC is just one kind of automatic memory management. Just like we have many different data structures all suited for different purposes, we need different memory managers for different purposes. D's mistake is that it has dominantly favored one.

Mike

But it doesn't preclude you from using others, unlike other that force it. Yes it can be a bit of a pain to work around but it can be done.

You mean have two bulky GCs around claiming they own memory at the same time? What could go wrong...