On Thursday, 21 December 2017 at 18:40:54 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I only became aware today about https://lld.llvm.org, llvm's own linker. I wonder how that changes distribution dynamics for us - I heard ldc already uses its embedded variant for linking programs (on Widows? Posix? 32bit? 64bit?). Can we distribute it as an alternative to optlink? Thanks! -- Andrei

I tried lld on Linux for D binaries and some of them crash. That might not mean anything on Windows, but given that I've run into 2 dmd bugs so far in which picking one of ld.bfd or ld.gold produced crashing binaries, I'd be wary of using lld on Windows until it's thoroughly tested on dozens of executables.

Atila