On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 11:13:04 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 10:29:05 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 at 09:56:48 UTC, Pjotr Prins wrote:
[...]

Good programmers aren't stuck on any single language and will pick the tool best suited for the job at hand. Good programmers are also good at picking up new languages.

And who do you know who does this? While I myself have espoused the idea of the best tool for the job in this forum, realistically, other than a small handful of coders, when does that ever happen?
[...]

Everyone at my employer, a few thousand of them doing enterprise consulting.

We specialize in a few large domains, and tend to jump between them every 6 months or a year, when switching projects.

On my case, full stack development across JVM and .NET languages, with C++ for low level coding.

Occasionally there are some projects using all of them, for example, JVM on the backend with a native desktop GUI developed in WPF.