On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 13:33:00 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 02/12/2018 08:20 PM, Jakub Łabaj wrote:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/
Seems like we didn't make it this year :(

Is there any feedback from Google when they don't accept an organisation? Do you think that maybe they don't perceive D as a viable option or just the projects could have been defined better?

Google does not provide feedback to rejected organizations. Far as I can imagine approval depends on a number of imponderables such as the person who does the review etc.

GSoC 2018 was not a considerable part of our plans so we are not affected negatively.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Seb who worked on the application. It was stronger than in past years (including those when we've been accepted).

Andrei

I also want to thank Seb for the excellent work he did on this year's application. It looked really solid, so I am a bit disappointed it didn't get accepted, but I am sure D will carry on without Google's money just fine. Being a big fan of conspiracy theories I personally think it was blocked by the Go folks :o)