On Saturday, 24 February 2018 at 10:03:07 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Thursday, 22 February 2018 at 21:59:27 UTC, aberba wrote:
On Thursday, 22 February 2018 at 08:54:04 UTC, Joakim wrote:
[...]

That makes me very happy!! Very much appreciated.

I've updated ldc master to use Yuxuan's druntime port, which means the upcoming ldc 1.8 release will likely be a viable Alpine/Musl cross-compiler out of the box, provided you give it a C/Musl cross-compiler/linker to work with, by using the bundled ldc-build-runtime tool:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_runtime_libraries

Cross-compiling has not been tested however: do people normally cross-compile to Alpine containers or build their software in Alpine itself? If the latter, building ldc from master on Alpine/x64 3.7.0 passes all of the druntime/phobos stdlib unit tests but one, so you're good to go there, as long as you don't need a pre-built binary. Maybe we'll put one out for ldc with the upcoming 1.8 release.

I usually ship and compile code in Alpine itself. Once I have an ldc compiler with Alpine as base image, I'm good to go. Some platforms like OpenShift will rebuild when a release is triggered in git master... Copying binary require some hacks.