On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 01:07:25 -0500, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:

> Another sample point of discussion: One possible approach is to have a
> bot generate PRs to update project's compiler lists. But that leads to
> other questions: How/when is the bot triggered? On what machine does it
> run? Is there an existing jumping-off point for creating such a bot? How
> does it approach the task of modifying `.travis.yml` (how smart/dumb
> does it need to be)? Any security concerns to be mindful of? Etc.

Once I catch up on the other things I've said I'm going to do, I'm
planning on doing something like pyup-bot[1] for Dub projects.

pyup does this with project dependencies for python - you get a pull
request with dependency updates, links to their changelog/documentation,
etc.

Adding compiler updates might make sense, as the compiler is a dependency.
Configuration would need to allow for the various decisions people make
concerning what versions they support, so it's not a trivial addition, but
doable.

--Ryan

[1]: pyup.io/