On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 at 14:44:39 UTC, Alexandru Jercaianu wrote:
Hello,

At the Polytechnic University of Bucharest we are organizing a special program called CDL[1], where Bachelor students are mentored to make their first open source contributions.

I think it's a great idea to involve D in this program, but for this to be successful, I need your help in finding ideas for Bachelor level projects, which can be solved until the end of May (anything from new features to more impactful bugs).

If there is anything on your wish list which matches the criteria above, feel free to share.

Thanks,
Alex J

Make a complete analysis of all existing database connectors for D.

https://code.dlang.org/?sort=updated&limit=40&category=library.database

And propose a std.database solution, derived of the existing ones allowing to connect to Mysql/MariaDB,Postgres,SQlite and probably more.

With a certain focus on not blocking i/o to keep it vibe.d compatible.

I just realized again how important an "official" D database connector is.

Regards mt.