Hello,

I am working on a large cross-platform project, which will be written primarily in D, interfacing to C as necessary. To get finer control over memory safety, binary size, and use of the GC, we would like to disclude libphobos as a dependency in lieu of our own code. The project is compiled using LDC.

I am not sure if this is possible though, as it seems there are certain things in libphobos that are tightly coupled into the D runtime. There are several things in the core namespace that would be helpful for us (SIMD, C bindings, etc), but I am not sure if that is not also part of libphobos along with the other namespaces.

How do I remove libphobos as a runtime dependency with ld and MSVC’s link.exe? Is it possible to decouple core from other parts of the runtime, and if so, how?

Regards,
A. Nicholi