Lars T. Kyllingstad Wrote:

> The decision to dump the built-in complex and imaginary types in favour
> of std.complex.Complex was made a long time ago, but nothing has
> happened yet. So I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Is this still planned for D2?
>
> 2. In that case, when will it happen?
>
> 3. Are there any reasons why I shouldn't replace cxxx with Complex!xxx
> in my code right away?
>
> -Lars

An introductory article on Digital Mars explains the rationale behind the
complex types and quotes W. Kahan: "The language of pairs is incorrect for
Complex Arithmetic; it needs the Imaginary type."

  http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/cppcomplex.html

The library types can and do work as well, probably because "Appendix G of the
C99 standard has recommendations for dealing with this problem."

Ali