On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 07:25:32 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 00:10:07 UTC, H Paterson wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 at 23:37:14 UTC, Henry Gouk wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 at 23:26:19 UTC, H Paterson wrote:
Hello,

I'm interested in writing a module for executing D code on GPUs. I'd like to bounce some ideas off D community members to see what this module needs do.

[...]

Check out https://github.com/libmir/dcompute

Welp... It's not quite what I would have envisioned, but seems to fill the role.

Thanks for pointing Dcompute out to me - I only found it mentioned in a dead link on the D wiki.

Time to find a new project...

It's not dead, it's just pining for the fjords^H^H^H^H hibernating waiting for me to finish undergrad (~7 weeks). You are more than welcome to join the development.

Nic

Dcompute seems really promising, unfortunately I have not yet successfully build the ldc compiler using a LLVM fork with SPIRV enabled: https://github.com/libmir/dcompute/issues/46

Maybe you should try with a ldc 1.7 or less (I tried 1.8 and 1.9 )

Good luck