On 5/24/18 5:13 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On Thursday, 24 May 2018 at 02:07:28 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:

Hope that helps at least a little.  It'll probably just generate more questions, but keep them coming.

This is all great, but nobody is going to be able to find the answers here in the forum. I recommend a Markdown document in the "docs" directory in the DMD project [1] and a link in the readme to that document.

[1] https://github.com/dlang/dmd/tree/master/docs

Honestly, we need this somewhere on the web site, like in a nice tutorial/FAQ. Even stuffing it in the wiki is going to get lost, it should really be linked from the front page.

I think we should have contribution guides for Phobos, Druntime, and DMD all right on the front page.

-Steve