On Tuesday, 29 May 2018 at 11:31:53 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
On Tuesday, 29 May 2018 at 05:11:27 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
D is probably at the edge of what I can tollerate complexity-wise. And we’ll get to simplify a few things soon I believe.

What are the things that you think will be simplified? I thought that D had some of the same issues about breaking backward compatibility that C++ had.

Within D, there is a bit smaller and cleaner language struggling to get out!

Ha, one of my favorite Stroustrup quotes about C++!

One of the reasons I like the betterC switch is that it does simplify the language, perhaps too much, but preserves some of the best parts of D, like metaprogramming and modules.