On 5/29/2018 1:57 AM, Adam Wilson via Digitalmars-d wrote:
One of the pillars of SecureD is that ONLY safe, well-known, algorithms are presented. If reasonable we will only present one algorithm for a specific purpose. If there is a good reason to add more than one algorithm, we will.

One of the pillars of crypto is that eventually a problem will be found with every algorithm, it's just a matter of time.  So, having just one available means that eventually the library will be horribly broken.  The corollary here is that having a fallback is pretty essential.