On Wednesday, 30 May 2018 at 12:09:21 UTC, DigitalDesigns wrote:
Seriously stupid bug here!

I had an enum an static this() { } (empty, forgot why I added it) one module and an struct in another module that converted values from the enum. I imported only that enum and guess what?!?! Cycle dependency! removed the static this() { } and worked!

The cycle dependency checking code is far too ignorant. It just blindly checks without any rationale. Someone said this was because phobos had a bug in it so the cycles were checked, maybe it's time to address that issue rather than breaking code arbitrarily?

I think an example would be useful. Anyway, if you think there's a bug there, write a report: https://issues.dlang.org

Andrea