On Sunday, 10 June 2018 at 13:17:53 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:

Please make one that guarantee the usage of the corresponding backend intrinsic, for example on LLVM.

I tested with ldc and got similar results. I thought the implementation in C forwarded to the backend intrinsic. I think even LDC links with GCC, and the distribution of GCC is tuned for a given platform and architecture, so am I not already utilizing GCC's backend intrinsic.

Also, I'm not trying to find the holy grail of memcpy with this endeavor. I just want to find something as good or better than what the druntime is currently using, but implemented in D. Even if it's not optimal, if it's as good as what druntime is currently using, I want to replace those calls in the runtime with a D implementation.

Mike