On Wednesday, 13 June 2018 at 08:21:45 UTC, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
The compilation is done by using the C compiler in the background.

https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2018/05/31/ruby-2-6-0-preview2-released/

Could D be an better choice for that purpose?

Any comment?

Good news for Ruby community, I guess. IIRC jRuby had JIT for a while know and was beating the reference implementation in almost every test. I wonder how is it now?

Too bad they released it now and not, you know, five to seven years ago when ruby was really popular.

D is always a better choice. Somebody, tell them about DasBetterC.