On Thursday, 28 June 2018 at 00:15:54 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Wednesday, June 27, 2018 16:54:55 Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Hey people,

So I had a few people in the office refuse to install DMD because when they launched the installer, Windows displayed the prompt that it was untrusted (ie, unsigned) and not offer the install button without
manual override.
True also for VisualD.

Can we get a key and start signing the install packages?

It would be super-cool to sign the 2.081 release since it's like, imminent ;)

I'm certainly not against getting it signed (though I have no idea what's involved with that). However, I'm surprised that anyone actually pays attention to that or cares.

- Jonathan M Davis

My AV at work actually blocks DMD, so signing it would also help with whitelisting it and other D tools (I manage the AV anyways so I just moved myself to a more lax policy). I wouldn't be too surprised if this is the case elsewhere.