http://my.safaribooksonline.com/roughcuts

The current version includes virtually the entire book except (a) overloaded operators, (b) qualifiers, (c) threads. In the meantime I have finished the new design and wrote the chapter on overloaded operators. The design got Walter's seal of approval but I'm still waiting for Don's.

I plan to write the chapter on qualifiers in the next few days, mostly on the plane to and from Quebec. Hopefully Walter ad I will zero in on a solution to code duplication due to qualifiers, probably starting from Steven Schveighoffer's proposal.

I'll then have one month to design a small but compelling core concurrency framework together with Walter, Sean, and whomever would want to participate. The initial framework will emphasize de facto isolation between threads and message passing. It will build on an Erlang-inspired message passing design defined and implemented by Sean.