On Wednesday, 25 July 2018 at 14:30:57 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 July 2018 at 09:13:27 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 July 2018 at 08:27:25 UTC, Rel wrote:
Possibly because anything that says "pay money or we'll flag your binary and scare our users about it!" sounds like a scam. Also, nowadays virus scanners arguably cause more problems than they prevent - viruses have already exploited vulns in virus scanners, which usually run as root. And if somebody breaks into Github or dlang.org and replaces the binary with a backdoored one, they won't use a backdoor that'll be detected by common scanners because why would they?

To add to this, I've had issues with kaspersky tagging any 50 line program I wrote as a virus, as long as it had a do{} while() loop in main. Very annoying. At some point people need to realize that anti-viruses are not simply never going to improve computer security.