On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 13:17:11 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 13:04:28 UTC, Chris wrote:

There is exactly where I am - I am using Java (and more recently Python) for serious stuff.

So I'm not alone.

I am however in favour of D moving fast (that is why many Java programmers moved to Kotlin/Scala!).
[snip]

Yes, but D is already there in many ways. Other languages (like Java) are trying to catch up with D. And like in Java, new features should be a bonus, something you may use later, but not break existing code.