On 23/09/2018 1:22 AM, new wrote:
On Saturday, 22 September 2018 at 10:53:25 UTC, bauss wrote:
On Saturday, 22 September 2018 at 09:42:48 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:

I'd be interested to hear/read about the features that some developers don't like with D2.

I'm going to guess it has to do with all the attributes for functions which you often have to remember is it @attribute or is it just attribute like is it @nogc or is it nogc etc.

It's one of the things that probably throws off a lot of new users of D, because they feel like they __have__ to know those although they're often optional and you can live without them completely.

They make the language seem bloated.

the language is bloated. trying to read the source of D2 makes gives you the feeling of getting eye cancer.
so we decided if D at all then it should be D1.

Then D isn't the right choice for you.