On 9/24/18 2:20 PM, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
On Monday, 24 September 2018 at 14:34:21 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 9/24/18 10:14 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Monday, 24 September 2018 at 13:26:14 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
Part of the reason, which I haven't read here yet, is that all the keywords are in English.

Eh, those are kinda opaque sequences anyway, since the meanings aren't quite what the normal dictionary definition is anyway. Look up "int" in the dictionary... or "void", or even "string". They are just a handful of magic sequences we learn with the programming language. (And in languages like Rust, "fn", lol.)

Well, even on top of that, the standard library is full of English words that read very coherently when used together (if you understand English).

I can't imagine a long chain of English algorithms with some Chinese one pasted in the middle looks very good :) I suppose you could alias them all...

You might get really funny error messages.

🙂 can't be casted to int.

Haha, it could be cynical as well

int can’t be casted to int🤔

Oh, the games we could play.