On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 at 02:42:15 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 at 02:28:27 UTC, CharlesM wrote:
If you're using SQLite you don't need to specify the size of the columns, for what I gather it's useless for this DB.

Yep, this is mostly descriptive. Types in column declarations have mostly the same effect.

And if I'm not mistaken it usually preferable to use TEXT for strings.

In SQLite? How so?

I don't remember where I read, but it's because the type affinity, in fact in the and it doesn't matter because VARCHAR will be TEXT in the end: https://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html

So at least you save space in your script. :)

I'm a bit rusty with SQLite, but I was on a project a year ago, and I had this big table and trying with/without NULL, I got a better performance without it.

By the way I found this: https://blog.paddlefish.net/?p=885